I am a stay at home mom and love the challenge of living on a budget. I try it get the most out of everyday I spent. I am evening going to apply what I do in my day to day life when I start college this fall. I wonder will I be able to stay on budget or will this new adventure throw me off.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

First Day

Today is the first day of my blog. I am starting many new and exciting things in my life so I thought why not write my own blog. My family call me the thrifty mom. I am always getting great deals and I really make my dollar stretch as far as possible. Like yesterday my grandma asked me to pick my husband something up for his birthday. She gave me $20.00 to do so. I went to Kohl's because I had a $5.00 off any purchase coupon. So for $21.60 I was able to get my husband a pair of pants and a dress shirt. I also got a necklace for my daughter which was originally marked $65.99 for $ 6.50 , 2 packs of high school musical headbands for $2.80 and a pack of girls socks for $1.60. This is the way I always shop. I sign up for every discount out there and I use coupons every chance I get. So moms out there it is possible to get really nice things on a shoestring budget. I am off to see what great deals and freebies I can come across today.

No comments:

Shutterfly.com 565x90